Dunn Tire safely repairs about 50,000 flat tires every year.
When we repair a flat tire, we follow the Rubber Manufacturers Association guidelines. These guidelines are designed to make the tire as good as new and safe to put back into service. Your safety on the road is important to us!
Excerpt below from RMA website
- Repairs are limited to the tread area only
- Puncture injury cannot be greater than 1/4 inch (6mm) in diameter
- Repairs must be performed by removing the tire from the rim/wheel assembly to perform a complete inspection to assess all damage that may be present
- Repairs cannot overlap
- A rubber stem, or plug, must be applied to fill the puncture injury and a patch must be applied to seal the inner liner. A common repair unit is a one-piece unit with a stem and patch portion. A plug by itself is an unacceptable repair
Dunn Tire's flat repair process includes the following:
- Dismount tire from the rim.
- Inspect tire inside and out to assess damage.
- If repairable, we utilize a plug/patch combination applied from the inside of the tire.
- Mount tire back onto the rim.
- Test tire repair for leakage.
Remember, when you purchase your tires from Dunn Tire, the Out-The-Door Installation package includes FREE Lifetime Flat Repairs.
Plus, if you get a flat within 12 months or 12,000 miles of buying your tires from Dunn Tire and you need roadside assistance, just call the Warranty Hotline number and assistance will be dispatched to mount your spare tire for you, at no charge.
Even if you're not a Dunn Tire customer, we can still repair your tire and get you back on the road. For a safe and tire repair done by a trained technician you can trust your local Dunn Tire store.